What is Your Witch Potential?
“What is Your Witch Potential?”
The Witches’ Almanac Spring 1995 – Spring 1996 pg. 94
Originally appeared in the first public edition of The Witches’ Almanac, 1971)
Read the following questions and see how you react to them:
- Have you always been intrigued by the occult?
- Do you love the Earth and everything about it?
- Does a storm stir in you an inexplicable sense of excitement?
- Are you a sensualist?
- Have you always felt different from most of those around you, set apart?
- Do you instinctively respond to animals?
- Are you comfortable alone?
- Are you relatively indifferent to material possessions?
- Have you had fleeting glimpses of former lives?
Should you find you can answer most of these questions in the affirmative; your witch potential is probably high and should be encouraged.
There is no church to join, no tribute to pay and no hierarchy to employ. You, and you alone, must concentrate on the development of your own other-consciousness. Go to nature and observe. Attune your inner-mechanism to the quiet pace of the seasons and the procession of the constellations across the sky. Go alone, or with that person closest to you. Watch the moon rise, walk in the forests. Feel the earth, drink the water, breathe the air … then light the sacred candles and begin the life you were meant to live.